Saturday, April 20, 2013

Where is God




“Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:8-9 NIV)

What do you do when you don’t see God; when you can’t hear Him; when you can’t feel Him?  Have you ever been in a place where you searched for God and couldn’t find Him?  I mean you looked high and low and you just couldn’t find Him?  Why is it when I feel like I really need God, He is nowhere to be found? Does this sound familiar?  

When you can’t sense God near you, can you believe He is still there? 
We often rely very much on our senses (what I see; how I feel; and what I hear) to be the primary influence on our decisions.  To the natural eye there is nothing wrong with this, the problem is God operates by His word, not our senses.  God gave us a genuine promise saying” I will never leave you nor forsake you.” If I completely rely on my senses, depending on what’s going on I can completely miss God.  Our ability to keep Him before us, is a byproduct of us meditating on His word.  Allowing His word to always be at the forefront of our mind will keep Him with you everywhere you go.

Today as you go throughout your day, remember, God is faithful and despite what you may experience, God is with you, He is with you wherever you go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment