Friday, April 19, 2013

Pay ATTENTION on the Road!




“Ponder the path of your feet and let your ways be established” (Proverbs 4:26 NKJV). 

I've grown to learn the importance of focusing on the road of my life.  Where am I going, what directions do I need to follow, what should I do?  If I don’t take my life’s journey seriously no one else will do it for me.  There are many hazards on the road of life, how do I adjust and keep moving in the right direction?  Many of us drive our life the same way we drive our cars.  We ride the roads, but we don’t realize that whatever captures our focus establishes our course of direction.


When I’m focused on the road I see everything I’m suppose to see, I see the stop sign, the red light, the car jumping in my lane, and despite the obstacles, I’m able to maintain my course, because I’m focused on my course. But if I look down and focus on my phone it is impossible to see everything I’m supposed to see on the road. Even though I'm still driving, the moment I began to focus on my phone, I redirected my course of direction to a place of potential destruction.  

The enemy would love to steal our focus because he knows, if he succeeds in doing so, we allow him to alter our direction leading us down a road called destruction. He has plenty of distractions up his sleeve, so pay attention.  Paying attention buys your focus, but distractions can steal your attention and use it to buy another focus.  Guard your attention and protect your focus. Today's the question is very simple, you woke up, you have your plan, but did you buy your focus?  Pay attention!!

No comments:

Post a Comment