Saturday, April 27, 2013

Walk on WISDOM


The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline (Proverbs 1:7 NIV)


Today is a day that I have to sit and think about my life.  I cannot go any further than where I am.  I’m at the fork in the road, where am I going; what should I do?  Is my life headed in the right direction?  Have you ever been in a place where you had to make a tough decision? What did you do? Did you use wisdom?
           
 The bible declares fools despise wisdom and discipline (Proverbs 1:7b).  In order for us to walk and operate in wisdom, we have to discern the difference between what is wisdom and what is foolish.  For a while I over looked the simplicity of this text, within it God reveals the building blocks to a life of wisdom.  Proverbs 1:7a declares the fear (reverence or honor) of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.  Within the existence of the one true God encompasses everything He is, to include His word, therefore a genuine reverence for God is a genuine reverence for everything He is and stands for to include His word.  At the core of His holy word is wisdom.  If we are going to be able to make the tough decisions, we must be enabled with the ability to operate in wisdom and that only comes by reverencing the one true God.  Today before you move forward, examine your next step, is your reverence for God or is simply for you?  Build a bridge of reverence and you build something to walk on.

No comments:

Post a Comment