Monday, March 18, 2013

Final Destination



Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees, that I may follow it to the end
Psalms 119:33 (NIV)

I live in Hawaii, where the weather is perfect all year around.  Long gone are the memories associated with words like snow, cold or freezing.  Even when it rains, it’s perfect – it’s not dreary or gloomy.  Recently I traveled to a place where - in my mind – it was zero degrees – but in reality – it was only in the fifties.  Needless to say, when I boarded the plane to return home – I wanted my final destination to be nothing but Hawaii.  I did not want the pilot to announce, “Hello passengers.  This is your captain.  We were slightly off.  Instead of Hawaii – we will be landing in Seattle.” Fortunately, this would never happen because planes have navigational systems, ensuring the correct path that will lead to the correct destination.

As Christians, in order for us to ensure our correct path leading us to the correct destination, we must learn and follow God’s word, will and way.  No Christian wants to be slightly off and hear God saying depart from Him.  We would rather stay the course and hear God say well done, my good and faithful servant.

Today keep in mind your final destination.  If you need to make adjustments, do so and fly onward.  If you’re heading in the right direction, keep going forward and reach your final destination.


No comments:

Post a Comment