Friday, March 8, 2013

Be Content




I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  Philippians 4:11 (NIV)

I’m a goal oriented person, always seeking to improve myself.  When I use to cook, I bought dozens of cookbooks and would challenge myself to cook something new once a week.  Now that I’m heading towards consuming raw foods, I’m constantly looking for the best raw foods around.  When I first bought my elliptical, I challenge myself to go 2 miles.  Now I’m up to 6.  You may think that this is a contradiction to today’s scripture.  Yes, it may appear that way, but the truth is – it’s not.

I know what it is not to be content.  I use to be that way.  No matter what, I always found something to complain about.  Now that I have learned to accept myself and what I can do through Jesus being in my life – I found peace and contentment.  This does not mean I should not strive to be or to do better.  Contentment is not a matter of being content with your plight or prosperity in life and thereby giving up on improving you or your situation.  It’s being able to accept yourself and what you can do through Christ – which is – all things!

Today – choose not to focus on what’s wrong.  Be thankful about who you are in Christ, and all the wonderful things you can do and can be because of Him


No comments:

Post a Comment