Monday, June 17, 2013

Do you Feel or Do you Love?

1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
“Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things; love never fails”

What is love? Is it the feeling I have within my body that causes my heart to race 100 miles per minute, is it the fact that I cannot stop thinking about this person or is it this pain I have in my stomach every time I see this person.  Emotions will take us in so many different directions and cause us to do many different things.  Many times we directly associate love with emotions, although they are at times similar, they couldn’t be more different.  Emotions will keep you doing what you feel like doing, on the other end genuine love will keep you doing what you need to be doing.  Emotions meets the feel, Love meets the need.  Many of us are so in tuned with the feels, we completely miss the need.  We can sit for an entire day knowing we have something to do, and do absolutely nothing because I don’t feel like doing.  Today is simple, reevaluate yourself, are you doing what you feel like doing or are you doing what needs to be done.  Our feelings will fade and change with conditions, but love will keep us on track and being consistent. Align yourself up with 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a and really experience the power of love.  Ask yourself the question, do I love or do I feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment