Monday, June 24, 2013

Divorce Fear




Mark 5:36c
Jesus said 'Do not be afraid, only believe

   Have you ever heard someone say, “The only person who can really stop you is you?”  I have, and as I think about it, I’m not one to intentionally stop myself from moving forward and accomplishing what I hope for.  However, if it is true, I have ask the question, how?  How am I hindering myself?  One of the greatest opposition we face is the opposition of fear.  Fear will lead you to completely neglect your potential and cause you to focus on a negative perceived possibility.  

   Mark 5:21-43 gives the account of how a man named Jairus was confronted with opposition while following Jesus on the way to heal his sick daughter.  On the road, Jairus was confronted with news about his daughter’s death.  Jesus was on the way to Jairus’ house to heal his daughter yet the news about her death created an opposition which led to Jesus giving Jairus a simple message, verse 36c “do not be afraid, just believe.”  In doing so Jesus gave us a key principle in overcoming fear and getting out of own way.  Our ability to focus on what we believe, empowers us with a mindset that causes us to disassociate ourselves with fear.  If we are going to really access what God has for us, it’s going to require us to overcome the opposition of fear.  As we divorce the idea of fear, what we believe become a clear path to what will possess.  Today, I challenge you to really divorce the idea of fear, believe on God, don’t be afraid, just believe and watch how God moves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment