Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Define Your Life

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17 (ESV)

I remember the time when I received all A’s and one B, and my dad’s response was – “I still see a B”.  I also remember the time when that still hurt, and when I still allowed that to define who I was – a person who was always lacking, always looking for what was wrong instead of focusing on what was right with me.  Many adults spend many years defining themselves based on things that have happened in their youth.  However when we stop listening to our past and start listening to our present and future - we gain an entirely different perspective.

Now there use to be a saying about words - "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me”.  That is not, at all, true.  Words define who we are.  Romans 10:17 reveal, so faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (KJV).  So the questions to ask are what are we listening to, and what do we believe about ourselves?  No matter what has happened - in our past - or what has been said to us - in our past - we are new creations in Christ - in our now.

Today make the decision to stop defining yourself based on the past – past words, past failures and even past successes.  God is doing new things in our lives everyday.  To that we should simply say like the Apostle Paul, Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.  Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21 (ESV)


No comments:

Post a Comment