Friday, November 1, 2013

Let Go. Let God.


Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2 (NLT)

I was watching a TV show a few months ago.  In this particular episode, one of the characters explained to Snow White his reason for not letting go of his pain and anger.  He said, “I don’t want my pain erased.  As wretched as it is, I need my pain.  It makes me who I am.  It makes me Grumpy.”  This is funny as well as enlightening.   Grumpy is only grumpy because he refuse to let go of his pain and resulting anger.

Can you relate?  I can.  Sometimes we can get to a place where the pain is so great that all we know to be is wrapped up in our pain.  The good news, however, is that God’s will for us, which is good, pleasing and perfect, is far from our pain and any resulting anger.  When we allow God to change the way we think, we become a new person, where tragedy no longer defines us, and where our testimony reveals our true victory.

Today let go of any and every thing that is preventing you from being who God has called you to be.  Let God change the way you think - saturate your thoughts with His word - and inevitably you will be transformed into a new person.  Let go.  Let God.


No comments:

Post a Comment