Monday, August 19, 2013

Time to invest my Time

Ephesians 5:15-16 (AMP)
Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people), Making the very most of the time [buying up each opportunity], because the days are evil.
There is a plethora of sayings pertaining to time, Benjamin Franklin said “You may delay, but time will not.” William Shakespeare said “Better three hours too soon, than one minute too late” One of the most interesting things I noticed many of us do is improperly invest our time.  Our time is one of the most valuable assets we possess. It has a guaranteed rate of return.  Many of us would say something like this “if I had a little more time I could get this done.” The issue is not in amount of time we receive, the issue is where we are investing the time we already have.  Each of us are given 24 hours in a day, yet many of us request more time as if, if we received more time we will manage it better.  Whatever I properly give my time to, there will be an increase in that area, if I’m on my job, I give my time to my assignment there will be an increase in productivity; if I’m with my family, there will be an increase in relationship, if I’m studying, in prayer, meditating, whatever I give my time to, there will be an increase in that area, if you invest your time into nothing, you will reap nothing. 

Today is a simple challenge, evaluate where you invest your time and ask yourself, am I getting the proper rate of return.  Maximize your time and you will maximize your return.

No comments:

Post a Comment