Friday, January 10, 2014

God Has Our Backs


Finally, I brought you into the land of the Amorites on the east side of the Jordan.  They fought against you, but I destroyed them before you.  I gave you victory over them, and you took possession of their land.  Then Balak son of Zippor, king of Moab, started a war against Israel.  He summoned Balaam son of Beor to curse you, but I would not listen to him.  Instead, I made Balaam bless you, and so I rescued you from Balak. (Joshua 24:8-10)

I have experienced many victories in my life. Even now thoughts overwhelm me, and I thank God for every obstacle diverted, every offense forgiven, and every hurt healed.  You may can give a similar praise.  Without details – you too perhaps can say, because of God's direction and guidance, success has been the mantra of your life.  The triumphs I am speaking of, however, are only those we are aware of – the obstacles, offenses and hurts we have come face-to-face with and overcame, forgave and evaded.

There are however victories, in our lives, we know nothing about.  With those types of victories, only God and the enemy, who tries to hinder and destroy us, will ever know the full story.  In our text for today, we find God having the backs of the Israelites.  You see - the Israelites knew about the battle and their victory over the Amorites.  But, they know nothing about the battle and their victory over Balak and Balaam.  Why?  Because God had their backs, and took care of them without Israel knowing.

Today let us know that God has our backs also.  Whether we realize it or not – God is always looking out for us.  So we should always have a praise to offer Him.  To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.  O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever. (Psalm 30:12, NKJV)  Why is this?  Because He has our backs!


No comments:

Post a Comment