Monday, October 14, 2013

Is Christianity really worth it?



Early on in ministry I found myself lost and wavering back and forth in frustration and confusion posed with the question many of us may have asked ourselves once or twice.  “Is it really worth it being a Christian?”  I asked myself this question several times.  “Am I really reaping the benefits, am I really better off following Christ?” While thinking and battling against myself and the negative thoughts God stepped in.  He never ceases to amaze me.  Galatians 6:9 encourages us not to become weary in doing well, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 

Before I saw Galatians 6:9, God reminded me of Psalms 1:1-10 and how it paints the picture of two different people on two different courses because of one simple decision.  Walk with God or not. We often focus on the can not’s of our faith, but there are ample amount of cans that we have to see. Psalms 1:2-3 shares with us that if we delight in the law of the Lord and meditate on His word, we shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that brings forth its fruit in its season, who’s leaf shall not wither; and whatever we do shall prosper.  Today is an encouragement, if you are wavering, is it worth it, should I continue on, am I on the right track, when will I receive what’s mine; stay in the race.  God rewards those who diligently seek Him.    

No comments:

Post a Comment