Monday, September 16, 2013

DO I LOVE ME LIKE GOD LOVES ME?



John 3:16 Declares “for God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (NKJV).  
Two things about this verse currently amazes me, the first portion is how much God loves us and the second portion is how much He gave.  Out of the abundance of God’s love for us He gave a gift that has the ability to consistently sustain life.  Out of His love He didn't give anything material, He didn't give anything tangible, He gave life.  His gift of life solidifies the magnitude and the measure of His giving.

Often times when we express love to ourselves, we express it with a “me day,” we take ourselves out, we buy ourselves something nice.  More often than not, many would invest externally or in something tangible.  The expression of God’s love is exemplified with giving His greatest investment to the internal, someone we can’t physically see or hold.  We receive Christ in the internal and through His life in us internally we are able to live life eternally.  Today is a simple question, a question we should ask ourselves.  What is my greatest gift to me? Is my greatest gift to me something tangible that will depreciate or is it something that will sustain me?  Am I more concerned about investing in the external than internal?  If we get the abundance of God’s love on the inside of us He will ensure we have the desires of our heart.  If you delight yourself in God, He will give you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4).  How much do you love yourself?  Better to invest in you, than on you…..

No comments:

Post a Comment